Busy? Get Help from Home
We’re pleased to offer telephone and video appointments as a great option to connect with your doctor, dentist, or other health care providers. Now you can manage chronic conditions or other health care needs from the privacy of your own home. You’ll still get the same level of care and attention that you’re used to, all without leaving your house. You don’t need to download any special programs to complete a video visit, but you can find technical information to prepare for a telehealth visit here.
Phone and video appointments are available for:
- Routine questions and care
- Lab/imaging results
- Medication refills
- Cold/Flu/COVID-19 symptoms
- Behavioral health visits
- Dietician services
- Screenings for dental emergencies
- Women’s health (for example: UTI and birth control refills)
- Pediatrics (sick or follow up visit)
- Senior care (sick or follow up visit)
- Dental emergency
- Dental initial exams and check-ups (children 0-3 years of age)
If you have a telephone appointment, here is what you can expect:
- A provider will call you within the 30 minutes before or after your scheduled appointment time. This window is flexible so providers can adjust to changes in schedules due to following Centers for Disease Control patient care guidelines.
- The day of your visit, you will also receive a call from a nurse to update your chart and prepare you for the visit. Please answer calls from numbers you may not recognize, including numbers that may show up as blocked.
- If you do not answer, we will leave a voicemail. We will attempt to call you three times for your scheduled appointment.
- After your call, you will receive an After Visit Summary (AVS) via MyAltaMed (your patient portal account).
- You may also receive calls from our nursing staff regarding lab results or to coordinate a follow-up visit.
Sign Up for MyAltaMed (Patient Portal account)
Whether you have a telephone or video visit, please activate your MyAltaMed account for easy and secure access to your medical records. There, you will be able to see your laboratory results, contact your health care team, or request a medication refill. You can also schedule some appointments online. Those who don’t have an active account will receive any necessary paperwork by mail between 5 to 7 business days.
Click here for details on how to activate your account. Or, you can download the MyAltaMed App from the links below.
For the best experience, please be in a safe, well lit, and quiet location. For the best picture quality on your phone, connect to WiFi. If using a computer, select Chrome as your browser. To prepare for your video visit, see the eCheck-In instructions to know what to expect and how to log in to your video visit in MyAltaMed.
If you’ve completed a visit with one of the applications below, please note that service will soon be discontinued as we expand our online support via the MyAltaMed portal.