Avoid gatherings! They increase your chance of getting or spreading COVID-19.
Telephone Health Visits | Altamed
Stay Safe at Home with Telehealth Visits
If you’re not sure whether or not a telehealth appointment is for you, watch this video on how to prepare for a telehealth visit. We understand the need to stay safe at home during these times, and we’re pleased to offer telephone and video appointments as a great option to connect with your doctor, dentist, or health care providers so you can continue to manage chronic conditions or other health care needs. Phone and video appointments are available for:
- Routine questions and care
- Behavioral health visits
- Dietician services
- Screenings for dental emergencies
If you have a telephone appointment, here is what you can expect:
- A provider will call you within one-hour of the appointment time. (one-hour before or one-hour after). This window is flexible for providers to adjust to changes in schedules due to following CDC patient care guidelines.
- During this timeframe, please answer calls from numbers you may not recognize, including numbers that may show up as blocked.
- If you do not answer, we will leave a voicemail. We will attempt to call you three times for your scheduled appointment.
- After your call, you will receive an After Visit Summary (AVS) via MyAltaMed (your patient portal account).
- You may also receive calls from our nursing staff regarding lab results or to coordinate a follow-up visit.
For the best experience, video visits are available directly through your MyAltaMed portal. If using a computer, select the Chrome browser or you can use our MyAltaMed mobile app on your smart phone To prepare for your video visit, see the eCheck-In instructions to know what to expect and how to log in to your video visit in MyAltaMed.
If you’ve completed a visit before with one of the applications below, please note that service will be discontinued soon as we expand our online support via the MyAltaMed portal.
Sign Up for MyAltaMed (Patient Portal account)
Whether you have a telephone or video visit, please activate your MyAltaMed account for easy and secure access to your medical records. There, you will be able to see your laboratory results, contact your health care team, request a medication refill, or start a video visit. You can also schedule some appointments online. Those who don’t have an active account will receive any necessary paperwork by mail between 5 to 7 business days.
Click here for details on how to activate your account. Or, you can download the MyAltaMed App from the links below.