AltaMed Family Medicine Residency Program
There has never been a greater need for primary care physicians who have been trained to work with diverse patient populations, and the AltaMed Family Medicine Residency Program will provide first-hand knowledge. We look forward to working together to eradicate health care disparities.
- Cástulo de la Rocha, President and CEO
- Based in an FQHC with a 50-year history of expanding access and improving care in ethnically diverse communities
- Hospital partners with traditions of excellence in education
- A high-functioning outpatient clinic system where you can focus on caring for your patients and providing population-level care
- A robust curriculum with opportunities to develop the skills necessary to become both academic and professional leaders
- Ample elective time that allows you to develop and pursue specialized interests and prepare for your future career
- Mentorship from a diverse group of physicians recognized for their work in education
- The AltaMed Family Medicine Residency Program emphasizes outpatient care and community medicine with Family and Community Medicine (FCM) rotations in every graduate training year. Each of these rotations has a theme, including:
- Behavioral Health
- Youth Outreach
- Vulnerable Populations
- Medical Outreach
- Practice Management and Quality Improvement
- HIV Services (Daniel Lara HIV Clinic)
- Unique opportunities throughout our Southern California network. View our facilities here.
Our mission is to recruit and train physicians who are committed to eliminating disparities in health care access and outcomes by providing superior health and human services for culturally diverse communities in Southern California. See how AltaMed is making a difference.
Our goal is to be the leading, community-based teaching health center providing training to the next generation of primary care physicians, and ultimately, to make a significant and lasting impact on the health and prosperity of the communities we serve. We aim to build teams that are as diverse as the communities we serve. Read our inclusion statement.
AltaMed is the nation’s largest independent federally qualified community health center, serving more than 300,000 members throughout Southern California every year. In addition to health care, we are committed to eliminating barriers to care and advancing justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion for our patients and workforce.
Learn more about the values and commitment that characterize AltaMed and influence the way we deliver care.
Learn more about the program, including research projects conducted by the AltaMed Institute for Health Equity.
Salary & Benefits
AltaMed Family Medicine Residency Program offers a competitive and comprehensive array of benefits.
Start here to learn how to prepare your application. Please follow the instructions carefully and adhere to the requirements. We are fully committed to ERAS rules and regulations.
The interview is a key part of a successful application. Learn more about the process and how to prepare.
Finding the right residency program to apply to is an important decision. Make sure you have all the information you need.
AltaMed Institute for Health Equity
We work closely with the AltaMed Institute for Health Equity to address the root causes of health disparities. Discover our lecture series, podcast, and events calendar.
We’re here to support you during all phases of your application. How can we firstname.lastname@example.org