- AltaMed Patient’s Bill of Rights
- AltaMed PACE Participant’s Bill of Rights
- AltaMed Notice of Privacy Practices
- Notice of Privacy Practices Summary
- Federal Torts Claim Act (FTCA) Malpractice Coverage
- Title VI Civil Rights Information
- Notice to Members About Health Choices
- Notice of Open Payments Database
- AltaMed Safety & Compliance Hotline
- Report a Patient Safety Event
- Reasonable modification (PACE transportation)
- Research Compliance Financial Conflict of Interest Disclosure
- Good Faith Estimate
AltaMed Patient’s Bill of Rights
AltaMed Notice of Privacy Practices
Notice of Privacy Practices Summary
Federal Torts Claim Act (FTCA) Malpractice Coverage
The Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) considers AltaMed Health Services Corporation and its providers as Public Health Services employees, providing malpractice liability protection under the Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA). This coverage extends to AltaMed Health Services and its (1) officers; (2) governing board members; (3) full- and part-time employees; and (4) contractors who are licensed or certified individual health care practitioners. FTCA coverage is similar to a "per occurrence" policy without a limit on how much money is awarded. Therefore, any coverage limits that may be mandated by other organizations are met.
For general information about HRSA.
For general information about FTCA.
For information about filing an FTCA claim.
Title VI Civil Rights Information
Notice to Members About Health Choices
AltaMed does not encourage or reward individuals for limiting or denying access, coverage, or care from the patient’s available healthcare services.
If you have any questions or concerns, please call our Member Services Department at (866) 880-7805.
AltaMed Safety & Compliance Hotline
It is AltaMed’s responsibility to ensure ethical and lawful behavior as defined in the Business Code of Conduct, which establishes AltaMed’s ethical standards and affirms its commitment to compliance.
All members of the community have the right to access AltaMed’s Safety & Compliance Hotline and website for reporting any concerns with the safety of our facilities, hazardous conditions or misconduct. Within AltaMed, all personnel must comply with Business Code of Conduct standards. We also ask and expect our contractors and business partners to also comply with these standards.
Individuals reporting a concern will not be subject to retaliation or disciplinary action when reporting in good faith. To report any questionable activity, you may contact AltaMed’s Safety & Compliance Hotline, 24 hours, 7 days a week, at (888) 418-1398 or online at www.MyComplianceReport.com (Access ID: ALTA).
Report a Patient Safety Event
Do you have a patient safety event or concern about a health care organization?
How to file a concern:
- Visit jointcommission.org and use the “Report a Patient Safety Event” link in the “Action Center” on the home page.
- Fax: (630) 792-5636
- Mail Office of Quality and Patient Safety:
The Joint Commission
One Renaissance Boulevard
Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois 60181
What information do you need to include?
- The name and mailing address of the health care organization
- Tell us about your concern in one or two pages
- Give us your name, address, or e-mail address if you would like follow up information sent to you
What happens to your incident?
- We check for other patient safety events about the organization
- We may write to the organization about your concern
- Sometimes, we visit the organization to see if there is a problem in meeting the requirements that deal with your concern
- We will not share your name with the organization unless you say it is OK
What can you do about concerns that The Joint Commission cannot help with?
- You may want to talk to the organization about your concern
- Your state's department of health may be able to help
Reasonable modification (PACE transportation)
"Reasonable" modification AltaMed Health Services Corporation may allow the reasonable modification of our transportation policies to accommodate the special needs of persons with disabilities, in order to allow them to fully utilize van transportation services. Whenever possible a request for a reasonable modification or accommodation shall be filed in advance to the Director of Transportation by email at MarcMartinez@altamed.org, by telephone at (323) 890-8767, or by mail at 5255 Pomona Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90022.
Requests for reasonable modifications or accommodations will not be approved if the request would: fundamentally alter the nature of the service, program, or activity; create a direct threat to the health or safety of others; result in an undue financial and administrative burden; or the individual would still be able to fully use the services provided by AltaMed Health Services Corporation without the modification. Individuals with disabilities may file complaints regarding reasonable modification or accommodation with AltaMed Health Services Corporation’s Member Service’s Department by telephone at (866) 880-7805.
Research Compliance Financial Conflict of Interest Disclosure
AltaMed is committed to ensuring that research is carried out under the highest standards of ethical conduct and adheres to Federal and State regulations and AltaMed’s policies governing the conduct of research. Over the years, various specialized policies and guidelines have been issued in recognition of the need for guidance in this area and related areas of ethical standards and codes of conduct. This policy is specifically focused on the area of financial conflicts of interest in research.