Seeing your child smile is a great feeling. Keeping that smile healthy can take some work. Children’s dental health can be easy to overlook, but the truth is it’s essential to their overall wellbeing. Pain or infections caused by tooth decay can lead to serious physical and mental complications down the road. Check out these helpful facts and tips to keep your child, and their mouth, feeling good.
Our Dental Services Are Open and Ready to Serve You
More Time Between Appointments
- Reduced number of appointments per day to meet social distancing guidelines and allow time to clean and disinfect exam rooms after each patient visit.
- Provide more time between patients to reduce waiting times for you and reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
Patient Guest Limits
- To keep proper social distancing, we ask for only one parent or guardian to accompany pediatric patients to their appointment.
- Adult patients are encouraged to come on their own. If you bring a guest, they may be asked to wait outside while you are being seen by the dentist or hygienist.
- You will need to register for your appointment over the phone and remain in your car until you are notified that the room is ready for you.
- You will need to wear a face-covering or mask upon arrival.
- We will ask you screening questions and take your temperature with a no-touch thermal scanning thermometer.
- After passing the screening, when you are called to come in, you will be asked to use hand sanitizer upon entry to the office.
We May Look A Little Different
Our AltaMed dental offices may look a little different than you are used to but, we are the same friendly and caring place as before.
- We will all be wearing masks and personal protective equipment (PPE) for additional protection for you and our team.
- All exam rooms have new air filtration units to continuously decontaminate the air.
- An oral air suction device was installed to protect you and our team from airborne diseases.
MyAltaMed Patient Portal
Activate your MyAltaMed account for easy and secure access to your medical records, view your laboratory test results, communicate with your provider, request a medication refill, and receive your dental After Visit Summary.
We look forward to seeing you again for a healthy and safe dental visit. Don’t delay any further and catch up on your exams.
Here’s something to smile about: it’s easy to access AltaMed Dental Services
A healthy mouth means much more than a great-looking smile: the health of your mouth reflects the health of your entire body. And that goes both ways, since good oral hygiene can help keep you healthy.
Because oral health is so important, AltaMed makes it easy to see a dentist, with complete dental offices built into many of our health centers. Visit us early and often, so we can keep your whole mouth healthy. In addition to X-rays, cleanings, and visual exams, we also provide more intensive services.
An Ounce of Prevention
When it comes to your teeth, aim for prevention! Daily brushing and flossing is important, but you should still go to your dentist’s office at least twice a year for regular cleanings and X-rays. Besides helping you avoid the pain of a cavity, regular screenings can help save you money.
Complete Dental Services
Your comfort is our concern: our dentists are highly skilled and trained to be gentle and compassionate. If you need work such as an extraction, root canal or fillings, we’ll work to make it as painless as possible.
AltaMed Dental Services
Good oral health is good for the entire family. Learn more about how AltaMed can help you take care of every tooth in your family, from your one-month-old baby to your 100 year-old grandmother.