Flu season is more severe than in years past and unfortunately, it started earlier than expected. More patients are also being hospitalized with flu-like symptoms.
With flu symptoms spreading throughout California at a faster pace, AltaMed wants to ensure that our patients are protected against the flu virus.
It’s important to take these steps to ensure you stay healthy and avoid the spread of disease:
- If you haven’t received the flu vaccine, go to your nearest AltaMed location and get a flu shot.
- If you are feeling sick or have been diagnosed with the flu, stay home from work or school to avoid the spread of disease.
- Wash your hands consistently throughout the day, especially if you come in close contact with someone who is feeling under the weather.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth after touching something that may be contaminated with germs.
- Clean and disinfect commonly touched surfaces at home or at work, especially if someone is sick.
- Get plenty of sleep, drink a lot of hydrating fluids like water and tea and be sure to eat nutritious food to help protect your immune system.
If you believe you have the flu, come to one of our Urgent Care locations to be seen by a provider who can help manage your symptoms. For more helpful information about the flu, click here.