Being a mom is one of the toughest jobs in the world, and the job is never done. From taking the kids to soccer practice to helping them with homework to reading bedtime stories at night, moms have a full-time job caring for and loving their children. With their constant dedication and devotion to their children and families, mothers around the world show true strength and power.
This Mother’s Day, we want to make sure that all moms know how appreciated they truly are. Our mothers show us compassion and unconditional love, and typically give us amazing advice even if we’re not ready. We reached out to you, our patients, to learn about your relationships with your mothers. Whether it be funny or words of encouragement, this is what our patients highlighted when asked, “What was the best advice your mother gave you?”
- “Tell the truth. It’ll take you further than lying.”
- “Never let the problem to be solved be more important than the person to be loved.”
- “If you have something negative to say, it’s better to say nothing at all.”
- “Treat people the way you want to be treated.”
- “I don’t care if you want to be a waitress or a writer—just be the best waitress or writer.”
- “Love wholeheartedly and be strong, no matter the circumstances.”
- “Always be mindful of what you say and do. People are always watching you.”
- “If you're planning to get married, watch first how he treats his mother because that's how he is going to treat you.”
- “Do your own thing – be creative!”
Happy Mother’s Day to all the wonderful mothers out there! AltaMed wishes you an amazing day filled with family and love.