Health Screenings After 50
Even if you’ve lived a healthy life, as you enter your 50s, your risk of developing chronic diseases, such as arthritis, heart conditions, cancer, diabetes, and even depression increases. These diseases can take years off your life, as well as affect the quality of your life.
Getting regular screenings can help you:
- Lower your risk of chronic disease or illness
- Save money on your medical costs, since chronic diseases require additional medical care
- Delay or prevent illness or disease by catching them early and treating them
Basically, there’s every reason for you to take charge of your health, especially since most preventive services and screenings are covered by most insurance plans, including Medicaid and Medicare!
Know What Tests You Need
These are a few of the most common screenings you need starting at age 50:
- Women should get a mammogram every 2 years
- Colorectal cancer screenings every year
- Regular diabetes screenings
- Lipid disorder screenings to monitor blood cholesterol
- Osteoporosis screenings should start at age 60 to screen for healthy bones
The best way to stay healthy and keep up on your screenings is to get regular health checkups. Depending on your gender and your family health history, your doctor may recommend additional screenings for you.
Call us for more information about the health screenings you need at (888) 499-9303.